Thursday, December 11, 2008

Update-y Matey

The past month has been way busy (and fun) for us. We have had a lot going on and I have decided not to blog about it all individually, because that would be too EASY...So, here we go...

Jan came to visit us a few weeks before Thanksgiving. It was so much fun to have her in our home. We relaxed, ate good food and played lots of games. We played a lot of Ticket to Ride, and James finally discovered his strategy, which made it more fun to play. It was great fun. We love you and miss you, Jan. Come back soon, please!

We went to AZ for Thanksgiving. It was so much fun to be with everyone. We all just hung out and enjoyed each others' company. James and I got to spend some time with Trac which was super fun. I miss Trac. Sometimes I want to switch out my current roommate for her again...just because we had so much fun living together. I miss all the good times!

See if you can spot poor Jenessa squashed under Brand...she is there!

Jan made a super cute fruit turkey. He was my favorite.

We went and had a RED SOFA PARTY with Britney and Jesse. It was so fun to meet him and hang out - he is a great guy and we had a great time laughing. Of course, the best part was the girl talk til the wee hours in the morning after he left...I'll never tell... :]

She's so HAPPY! I love it!

I put up our tree before we went to AZ so we could enjoy it when we came back. It is nothing exciting, but I am excited for next year when I can really decorate it. Stay tuned.

I failed to mention that most of us got the stomach flu that weekend. James and I both got it and spent two days miserable in bed. It was such a bummer to be sick a) not in the comfort of your own home, and b) to be missing out on family stuff. It was horrid and I don't want to talk about it anymore.

We had my dad over for his birthday last weekend. I made super yummy dinner and we sang and had candles despite his protests. It was a good time.

I made FROM SCRATCH, people - German chocolate (Girhadelli Chocolate, mind you) cake for my dad. It was so amazing, even James liked it. I was so proud of myself. The frosting was so delightful I wanted to put it as a topping on all my food.

Also, last weekend I took James to see Michael McLean's The Forgotten Carols. James had never been and he loved it! He is a huge Michael McLean fan, and James was so excited to meet him after the show.

I always love going to this show at the beginning of the Christmas season because it brings in the spirit and the true meaning of Christmas so strong into my heart. I love this season and the spirit of giving and love that is in the air. I know it is cliche, but I wish that we all could feel this every day of the year. I am thankful for the birth of Jesus Christ and all that he has made possible for us in this life. I love his message of Hope and Love, and I love Him!

Oh yeah, Lucy went to AZ with us and she loved it. She wishes you a Merry Christmas.

5 comments:

Jillene said...

Awww...
I LOVED THIS POST!!

...and just think, we are about to create MORE memories!

Ok so Kirt would love love that cake. Can you make one and show me your secrets?!! Please?

I am working on a trip to Utah in possibly January before Brit gets back in school. cross fingers ;)

See ya in Newport tomorrow! YAyyyyy Paarrrtttyyyyy!

LOVES!

Britney {Jesses Girl} said...

awww...the red sofa party was fun!

and so was the girl talk! love those!

see you in less than a week in CALIFORNIA! woot woot! :]

and yes mom...January. Great idea. ;)

XO Marie said...

I am so happy you blogged!! And I got to see pics of my FAVO fam!
Marie:)

Case said...

skunk even though I love you dark your hair looks super good...you look really young.
I miss you......like A LOT.
I'm still so sad that you are not caoming for Christmas but I hope you had fun in Cali....fun post!

The Swyers Family said...

You have definitely been busy. Sorry I missed you on Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is always fun but hectic at the same time. Hopefully we can see each other soon. Cole misses his Auntie April. BTW - he is almost walking. YIKES!