Friday, October 31, 2008

Mapleton, Ya'll!

Yep, you read right. We are officially Mapletonites, or Mapletonians, or, as we like to call it, country folk. Now that we are out here (like how I use the term 'out here' because we are SO far away from civilization) in south Utah County, we can officially say things like "ya'll" and I can sit in the middle seat in James' truck when we go for a ride, cause that's what a lady does. Us city folk are gettin used to the quiet chirp of crickets and the neigh of horses round these parts...(we really have neighing horses) and reckon we'll settle here for quite a while. Ok, really its not that bad, but it is a little slower and quieter here. In case you haven't picked it up, James and I purchased a HOME in Mapleton just over a month ago. Ok, so a lot of you have been bugging me, and I know since a lot of you are far far away and can't come see it for yourselves, I have decided to post pictures of our new house! It all happened super fast and I feel like I am just now getting my bearings. I have hesitated for a long time to post pictures because it's kinda scary lettin' all the world in on your happy little home. I have not even begun to decorate - yet I have done with what I have right now...so don't judge me. Our home is in a new development - we are currently one of two new homes - soon to be six or seven, so there isn't much but dirt around us. It is 3 bedroom 2 bath, on a .25 acre lot. We have a huge unfinished basement. So far, we are loving having our own place. We are so excited for all of the projects that it has brought along - James is particularly excited about putting in the yard next spring. Our neighbors are awesome - everyone in our new ward has been great. We are so glad to be here and make a home for ourselves! Please come visit, stop by if you're in town, and know that there is always a room for ya'll.

Here is the front of our home.

Great room


Great room / kitchen




Formal living room



Hallway back to bedrooms, laundry/garage & baths
Basement
We have gorgeous mountain views from every window in the house. This is the back porch view
View from the front porch
View from the front porch looking east.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is AWESOME!! I am doing a project in Springville, so I am in your neck of the woods at least once a week. I will call you so I can come see for myself, and get a great big hug! LOVE YA!

Jen and Bob said...

Yay. So cute. Very well done. I know you will enjoy it so much. So what does Lu think?

The Thomas Clan said...

We dont feel much different in Saratoga Springs. We say "y'all" out here too. Good to see you Pril. We have been in our home for almost a year and you have more decorating done so I don't see where you can complain. YOu can check out our blog at www.thomasfamilyoffour.blogspot.com And teh funny thing is it is actually a family of five now. Lizzie is getting blessed tomorrow.

See ya,

Mat & Heidi

Case said...

YEAh for the new house! It is really cute...you have been busy painting and decorating. I am so happy for you two...whoohooo!

Britney {Jesses Girl} said...

i want to come visit!! it's so freaking adorable! love you!

<3

Unknown said...

so cute!!! i love the dark walls & the cute picture collage in the hallway!

The Swyers Family said...

Your place is so cute and I love how you have it decorated. Congrats on the new home.