Thursday, February 28, 2008

Plumber's Crack

Last week we discovered a slight problem in our guest bathroom. As you can see, there is a crack in the tank of the toilet. Note the AWESOME wallpaper (very easy to decorate with, let me tell you). There was a slight flood, but I was able to control the flow so there wasn't any water damage. So, therein began my latest plumbing project. Let me make that clear: My FIRST plumbing project. Ever. So, my Dad and I took a trip to the local Home Depot to see what we needed. First of all, they didn't carry the brand of tank for the toilet I needed, so we decided to replace the entire toilet. I was a little bit intimidated, to say the least. We found a great deal on this all-in-one toilet combo and we were on our way.


Luckily my dad was prepared. He brought all sorts of tools to help with this daunting task. Now we do have some tools, but none of them are nearly as cool as these spiffy socket wrenches that my dad had.



First, we had to remove the old toilet. That was probably the worst part. Here I am near the "hole." I was really scared of it - not really, it just kind of grossed me out.





After we hauled away the old toilet, we brought in the new baby ready to be put into place.



It was then time to attach the tank. I was obsessed with this extra long screwdriver. It was the largest thing I have ever seen.




Lucy wanted to help.

Don't forget the toilet seat!

After everything was in place, we connected the water and we were ready to go. I was so proud of the results! James was proud too. He was just going "pay someone to do it." It ended up being really fun. Thanks to my Dad for all his help! He was very patient with me.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

impressive!!! {the wallpaper is amazing too! (: }

Jen and Bob said...

You are such a little molly homemaker....lol...with the extra it takes to be the tooltime momma. Got some of your dad and grandpa Webster in you. hehee Fun stuff and yes the wall paper is cool Lucy I love you!
Jenny

Heather said...

Dang, that's impressive! Toilets freak me out! I can't believe you had your head that close to the HOLE! GOOD JOB!

Britney {Jesses Girl} said...

nice work...i'm seriously impressed. :) way to step up and get the work done on your own. Only it's truly making me laugh...see in my house--it's mom who says, "Let's just hire someone to do it." And dad just goes to do it himself. In your house...you take the role of my dad whereas James plays jill. Hmm....interesting. Lol.

Patterson Family said...

eeeewwwwaaahhh! I HATE toilets! My kidos flushed somthing down our toilets again and the kids toilet won't flush! Yay for the yucky snake tool-as if a plunger wasn't gross enough!