Monday, July 14, 2008

Garden Update

So, the garden is alive and well. My dad has been watering it and calling me with updates about what is happening with the baby plants. I went and weeded it a few weeks ago. I took some pictures for the blog.


The very first zucchini squash! Isn't it so cute?! I was so excited to see signs of life.

My rows of Walla Walla Onions, Radishes, and Carrots. Beautiful babies, they are.





The first Bell Pepper. It is lovely.


These tomatoes are salmonella FREE.

Lucy always helps me when I go play in the garden. She loves to run around in the back yard and sniff the basil plant.

Remember that little zucchini squash? Well, I picked it last Saturday. I cooked it for James and I on Sunday and it was delicious.

I will continue with updates on the veggies. They are very happy in their soil right now, the tomatoes are budding and we have a lot of peppers. I can't wait for fresh garden salsa!

4 comments:

The Swyers Family said...

It sounds and looks like you are having a wonderful summer. I can't wait till Thomas and I can have a garden. I'm so jealous. Your veggies look fab.

Malia said...

April April quite contrary how does your garden grow? It looks amazing and I would love to have a basil plant.

Patterson Family said...

My dream is to take time to learn how to grow all sorts of vegies here in AZ. When I have more time I will do so and then we can talk and brag about our awsome gardens.

Dane

Anita said...

WOW. Hannah found us and we found you. How are you guys???? CONGRATS on the marriage! You guys look great. I cant believe how long its been. Stop by and say hi :)