Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter in the Desert

Ok, so my Easter post is a little late, but better late than never, right?

Loo's bad chop job!
James, Little Loo (she got a haircut for the trip - so AWFUL!), and I were able to travel to sunny Arizona for Easter weekend. We had so much fun! We didn't want to come home. We travelled all night on Thursday night and got there early Friday morning. Lucy and Pete were instant friends, even at 3 a.m. We had a fabulous breakfast at the Good Egg with Jan & Seeta - James and I crave breakfast from that place! We laid out by the pool with Trac - so glad she gave in to James' bad influence to pull her away from studying! We went to Kirt's family Easter Breakfast on Saturday morning at Usery Park - the desert was so green and beautiful! We had so much fun, Thanks Petersens!


We spent some time at Rigatony's with Dave and Sarah - it was so good to see them. I lost my cell phone and James had to get a spoon from the kitchen to get it out of the seat. He wasn't too excited about it. I was drunk off my food so it really didn't matter.



We were able to go to the Easter Pageant at the Mesa Temple. James had never seen it before, and he really enjoyed it. We met Brand and Kember and their family there. My favorite part was after the cock crowed thrice, you hear Gage's little voice "It's a chicken!"

We had Easter time at the Petersen's and we received fun Easter baskets from the Easter Bunny. I got some silly string and used it on the first available target. Sorry James. Also, the Easter Bunny knows my love for U2 and I got a "Boola Boola" to find my prize. I was so happy I cried, literally. I am a dork, I know. Lucy got a new Easter dress too, and she stole the show at Seeta's annual Easter Egg hunt. She was very proud of her ruffles.



We stopped by Carli's on our way out of town and Cotter and Quinci were in love with Lucy! They had so much fun holding her; they were so cute with her.




We really enjoyed our weekend. We listened to some inspirational CD's on our drive and we really enjoyed them. We learned a lot about our Savior and His Infinite Atonement. Our testimonies were definitely strengthened. We are thankful to our family for the fabulous time we had. We look forward to our next visit! Oh yeah, Lucy did great in the car. She had such a busy weekend, she was SO exhausted on the ride home. She was such a good puppy though, we were surprised that she was not more of a wild maniac. Aww, Lucy!

6 comments:

Case said...

I'm so glad you came for Easter..it made the weekend that much funner. Since you might have mentioned Lucy once ...or twice on here I will add my acknowledgement of what a sweet girl that pup is...very well behaved for such a youngin' her parents must raise her right. Well lovey -can't wait to see you again.

Tracie said...

Your weekend sounds like it was fun! I am sad that we did not get to play more - But it was SOOOOO good to see you! I freakin miss you and can't wait for school to be over so we can U2 it up for a weekend!

Jillene said...

YAY! So glad we got to share so much together. Just think if you hadn't of come, none of us would of had such a good time. Thanks for not mentioning the "broken oven drama dinner" and the fact that we forgot to put out that beautiful platter of deviled eggs!!! It makes me LOL now but also kinda PO'd!! Lucy WAS such a good, sweet girl. Thanks for coming!! :)

Patterson Family said...

OoOh so fun when Aunt Prilly & Uncle James are in town! We also love little Lucy-soory her cousin tried to eat her. Cute pictures, sweet dog, fun times...When are you comming next?

Danneel said...

April - I love your blogs! I miss you so much - but glad to know things are going well for you. Can I just say Lucy is so cute - however I am a big fan of my "Maggie".

Tracie said...

I miss you!